I’ve written a lot of posts about writing over the last two (almost three?) years. Some of them are silly and some of them are just plain ol’ rants, but I’ve also written a lot of posts to share what I’ve learned about writing novels.
I already a category for writing drop-down menu at the top of my blog, but I’ve never actually put them together in a masterpost like this for ease of access. So here we go! All posts will be organized by category.
- On Endings
- Finding Writing Time During NaNoWriMo and Midterms
- What the Heck is World-Building?!
- Finding Inspiration
- What I’ve Learned: Writing Edition
- The Editing Style Guide (tips on editing for grammar and stylistic things)
- Pro-Tip: Read Your Novel In iBooks
- Why You Should Read Your Novel Out Loud
- Alex’s Guide to Revision (all parts)
- How To Revise A Novel Without Going Insane
- The All-Inclusive Character Questionnaire You’ve Been Waiting For
- Character Questions: ‘Inside Out’ Style
- Alex’s Guide to Revision Part 2: Badass-ify Those Characters
- The Truth Behind #VeryRealisticYA
- Writing Strong Female Characters: Feminism in Fiction
- The Creating Character Series (all parts)
If there’s any interest, I can also put together a list of all the resources I’ve found from others that’ve helped me along the way!
(And no, I’m definitely not posting this because I’m too exhausted/busy/lazy to write a full-length post.)