About a month ago, I wrote a masterpost of all my writing-related blog posts, and then decided to put together a list of links from others that have helped me become a better writer as well. Since my ‘writing’ bookmark folder is huge, that masterlist of links ended up being split into two parts, the first of which can be found here. That part focused on more of the “pre-writing” stuff, while this one will be on revising/editing and querying.
I hope some of the links here can help you out! They’ve certainly helped me.
EDITING AND REVISING
- What Are The Guidelines For Formatting A Manuscript?
- WriteIntoPrint: Top Typo-Busting Tips
- Polish Your Prose: An Editorial Cheat Sheet
- 25 Steps to Edit the Unmerciful Suck Out of Your Story
- Beginning The Awesome Journey of Revision
- A Stonefox Guide to Punctuation
- Let’s Hurt Sentences!
- The Big Bad Guide to Novel Revision
- 6 Keys to Revising Your Fiction
- Agent Perspective: What’s Wrong With Your Manuscript?
- 7 Reasons Agents Stop Reading Your First Chapter
- How to Make Dialogue Sound Real
- Manuscript Wish List
- AgentQuery (can be slightly outdated)
- Nathan Bransford: Example of a Good Query Letter
- Jane Friedman: The Complete Guide to Query Letters
- How Many Literary Agents Should You Query to have the Best Chance of Success?
- Carly Watters: How to Write A Query Letter (Template)
- Carly Watters: Five Easy Tips to Make Your Query Stand Out
- Literary Agent Sound Off: Query Letter Basics
- Writing Comp Titles
- 6 Ways to Make Comp Titles Work For You
- Crafting a Novel’s Pitch: 7 Tips
- Jane Friedman: Writing A Novel Synopsis
- How to Write A 1-Page Synopsis
- Marissa Meyer: 6 Steps for Writing A Novel Synopsis
- What to Write in the ‘Bio’ Section of Your Query
- Writers in the Storm: Submission Tip Checklist
What sites have helped you become a better writer?